Business cycle survey - December 2017
Overall confidence in economy increased slightly
Overall confidence in domestic economy increased slightly in December. The composite confidence indicator (economic sentiment indicator), that is stated by basic indices, increased slightly by 0.6 points to 99.6 m-o-m. Confidence of entrepreneurs increased slightly too by 0.8 points to 97.5 compared to November. Consumer confidence indicator decreased slightly by 0.3 points to 110.0, m-o-m. Composite confidence indicator, entrepreneurs confidence indicator and consumer confidence indicator are higher, compared to December 2016.
In industry, in December, confidence indicator increased by 1.2 points to 98.7. The assessment of current overall economic situation of the respondents did not change again m-o-m. The assessment of current total and foreign demand almost unchanged. According to respondents, stocks of finished goods almost unchanged too. For the next three months, respondents expect an increase in the development of production activity and a almost no changes in the employment. Expectations of general economic situation development for the next three as well as six months almost unchanged, m-o-m. All in all, confidence in industry stated at the same value, compared to December 2016.
In construction, in December, confidence increased by 2.0 points to 89.4. The assessment of current economic situation of the respondents increased, compared to November. The assessment of total demand for construction work almost unchanged, m-o-m. Respondents expect for the next three months almost no changes in the development of construction activity and a slight increase in the employment. Expectations of the economic situation in development for the next three months increased, for the next six months almost unchanged, compared to the previous month. Overall, confidence in construction is higher, y-o-y.
In December, confidence in trade decreased by 1.3 points to 100.5. The assessment of current overall economic situation of the respondents almost unchanged m-o-m. The stocks did not change. Expectations of the economic situation development for the next three as well as six months decreased, compared to November. Overall, confidence in trade is higher, y-o-y.
In selected services (incl. banking sector), in December, confidence increased slightly by 0.4 points to 96.7. The assessment of current economic situation of the respondents almost unchanged compared to the previous month. In December, the assessment of demand as well as its expectations for the next three months almost unchanged too. Expectations of total economic situation development for the next three months increased slightly, for the next six months almost unchanged. All in all, confidence in selected services is lower, y-o-y.
In December, consumer confidence indicator decreased slightly by 0.3 points to 110.0, m-o-m. The survey taken among consumers in December indicates that consumers are for the next twelve months a slightly more afraid of a decrease in the overall economic situation. Worries about their financial standing did not change, compared to November. The share of respondents intending to save money almost unchanged. Worries about rise in the unemployment almost unchanged too, m-o-m. The respondents concern about rises in prices almost unchanged. Overall, consumer confidence indicator is higher, y-o-y.
Responsible manager: Juraj Lojka, director
Contact person: Jiří Obst, tel. +420274054116, e-mail: email@example.com
Data source: CZSO business survey, GfK Czech consumer survey
Business and Consumers Surveys are co-financed by grant agreements of the European Commission DG ECFIN.
End of data collection: December 18, 2017
Related publication: 070006-17 Business Cycle Survey in Enterprises of Industry, Construction, Trade and Selected Services
Next News Release: January 24, 2018
This press release was not edited for language.
- year 2017 | December 2017 | November 2017 | October 2017 | September 2017 | August 2017 | July 2017 | June 2017 | May 2017 | April 2017 | March 2017 | February 2017 | January 2017
- year 2016 | December 2016 | November 2016 | October 2016 | September 2016 | August 2016 | July 2016 | June 2016 | May 2016 | April 2016 | March 2016 | February 2016 | January 2016
- year 2015 | December 2015 | November 2015 | October 2015 | September 2015 | August 2015 | July 2015 | June 2015 | May 2015 | April 2015 | March 2015 | February 2015 | January 2015
- year 2014 | December 2014 | November 2014 | October 2014 | September 2014 | August 2014 | July 2014 | June 2014 | May 2014 | April 2014 | March 2014 | February 2014 | January 2014
- year 2013 | December 2013 | November 2013 | October 2013 | September 2013 | August 2013 | July 2013 | June 2013 | May 2013 | April 2013 | March 2013 | February 2013 | January 2013
- year 2012 | December 2012 | November 2012 | October 2012 | September 2012 | August 2012 | July 2012 | June 2012 | May 2012 | April 2012 | March 2012 | February 2012 | January 2012
- year 2011 | December 2011 | November 2011 | October 2011 | September 2011 | August 2011 | July 2011 | June 2011 | May 2011 | April 2011 | March 2011 | February 2011 | January 2011
- year 2010 | December 2010 | November 2010 | October 2010 | September 2010 | August 2010 | July 2010 | June 2010 | May 2010 | April 2010 | March 2010 | February 2010 | January 2010
The data are valid as of the release date of the publication.
Contact: Information Services Unit - Headquarters
Are you interested in latest data connected with inflation, GDP, population, wages in industry and much more?
You can find them on pages of the Czech Statistical Office on the Internet: www.czso.cz
tel: +420 274 052 304, +420 274 052 451, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org