Business cycle survey - February 2012
Confidence of entrepreneurs increased, confidence of consumers decreased slightly m-o-m
Overall confidence in domestic economy increased m-o-m in February again. The composite confidence indicator (economic sentiment indicator) increased by 0.8 points compared to January, mainly due to increase in the entrepreneurs confidence. Among entrepreneurs confidence increased in industry and in selected services; in trade decreased; in construction remained unchanged. Composite confidence indicator still exceeds its values during recession 2009 even though it is lower y-o-y.
In industry , in February, the assessment of current overall economic situation increased slightly again. The assessment of current total and foreign demand improved too. According to respondents, stocks of finished goods decreased due to the previous month. For the next three months, respondents expect a slowdown in the development of production activity compared to a slight increase in the employment. Expectations of general economic situation development for the next three as well as six months are higher than in January. All in all, confidence in industry increased m-o-m, but it is still lower y-o-y.
In construction, in February, the assessment of current economic situation increased. Still low assessment of total demand in January slightly improved, compare to January. Respondents expect a slight increase in the development of construction activity and a slight decrease in the employment. Works secured by contracts almost unchanged. Expectations of the economic situation development for the next three as well as six months increased slightly due to upcoming construction season. Overall, low confidence in construction remained the same m-o-m and is still lower y-o-y too.
In trade , the assessment of current economic situation didn´t change, compare to January. The stocks decreased. Expectations of the economic situation development for next three months are slightly higher compared to fall in January, for next six months they are lower. In February, confidence in trade decreased slightly m-o-m, but it is still lower y-o-y.
In selected services , the assessment of current economic situation didn´t change. The assessment of demand and its expectations for the next three months increased. For next three as well as six months, expectations of total economic situation development are higher than in January. Confidence in selected services increased m-o-m, and it is 1 point higher y-o-y.
Consumer confidence indicator decreased slightly in February, but it is still markedly down y-o-y. The survey taken among consumers in February again indicates that consumers are for the next twelve months slightly less afraid of a decrease in the overall economic situation as well as in their own financial standing. Percentage of respondents expecting an increase in unemployment decreased slightly, too. The share of respondents intending to save money decreased; less than a half of households still state that concerning their current financial situation, they save money.
Responsible manager: Juraj Lojka, director
Contact person: Marie Hörmannová, tel. +420274052049, e-mail: email@example.com
Data source: CZSO business survey, GfK Praha consumer survey
Business and Consumers Surveys are co-financed by grant agreements of the European Commission DG ECFIN
End of data collection: February 20, 2012
Related publication: 1201-12 Business Cycle Survey in Enterprises of Industry, Construction, Trade and Selected Services
Next News Release: March 26, 2012
This press release was not edited for language.
- year 2021 | August 2021 | July 2021 | June 2021 | May 2021 | April 2021 | March 2021 | February 2021 | January 2021
- year 2020 | December 2020 | November 2020 | October 2020 | September 2020 | August 2020 | July 2020 | June 2020 | May 2020 | April 2020 | March 2020 | February 2020 | January 2020
- year 2019 | December 2019 | November 2019 | October 2019 | September 2019 | August 2019 | July 2019 | June 2019 | May 2019 | April 2019 | March 2019 | February 2019 | January 2019
- year 2018 | December 2018 | November 2018 | October 2018 | September 2018 | August 2018 | July 2018 | June 2018 | May 2018 | April 2018 | March 2018 | February 2018 | January 2018
- year 2017 | December 2017 | November 2017 | October 2017 | September 2017 | August 2017 | July 2017 | June 2017 | May 2017 | April 2017 | March 2017 | February 2017 | January 2017
- year 2016 | December 2016 | November 2016 | October 2016 | September 2016 | August 2016 | July 2016 | June 2016 | May 2016 | April 2016 | March 2016 | February 2016 | January 2016
- year 2015 | December 2015 | November 2015 | October 2015 | September 2015 | August 2015 | July 2015 | June 2015 | May 2015 | April 2015 | March 2015 | February 2015 | January 2015
- year 2014 | December 2014 | November 2014 | October 2014 | September 2014 | August 2014 | July 2014 | June 2014 | May 2014 | April 2014 | March 2014 | February 2014 | January 2014
- year 2013 | December 2013 | November 2013 | October 2013 | September 2013 | August 2013 | July 2013 | June 2013 | May 2013 | April 2013 | March 2013 | February 2013 | January 2013
- year 2012 | December 2012 | November 2012 | October 2012 | September 2012 | August 2012 | July 2012 | June 2012 | May 2012 | April 2012 | March 2012 | February 2012 | January 2012
- year 2011 | December 2011 | November 2011 | October 2011 | September 2011 | August 2011 | July 2011 | June 2011 | May 2011 | April 2011 | March 2011 | February 2011 | January 2011
- year 2010 | December 2010 | November 2010 | October 2010 | September 2010 | August 2010 | July 2010 | June 2010 | May 2010 | April 2010 | March 2010 | February 2010 | January 2010
The data are valid as of the release date of the publication.
Contact: Information Services Unit - Headquarters
Are you interested in latest data connected with inflation, GDP, population, wages in industry and much more?
You can find them on pages of the Czech Statistical Office on the Internet: www.czso.cz
tel: +420 274 052 304, +420 274 052 451, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org