Services - 1. quarter of 2022
Sales in services were growing
In the Q1 2022, sales adjusted for calendar effects increased in real terms by 12.5%, year‑on-year (y-o-y). Seasonally adjusted sales in services increased in real terms by 1.2%, quarter‑on‑quarter (q-o-q).
In the Q1 2022, seasonally adjusted sales in services1) increased in real terms by 1.2%, q- o- q. The highest increase was reported by administrative and support service activities industry of services (CZ-NACE section), whereas a decrease was only reported by accommodation and food service activities.
Year-on-year, sales increased in real terms by 12.5%. A year-on-year increase was reported by all industries of services (CZ-NACE sections).
“Compared to the first quarter of the previous year, sales more than doubled in travel agency, tour operator and other reservation service and related activities and also in accommodation, which is related to the last year's low comparison basis influenced by anti-pandemic measures. However, they have not reached the level of sales from the first quarter of 2020, yet,” Tomáš Harák, Head of the Services, Trade, and Environmental Statistics Data Support Unit of the CZSO, says.
Development in individual industries of services (CZ-NACE sections) was as follows:
- sales in transportation and storage increased by 14.3%. The highest year-on-year increase of sales was achieved by air transport (by 82.9%). A double-digit growth rate of sales was also in the following: warehousing and support activities for transportation (by 16.9%) and land transport and transport via pipelines (by 14.1%), which is the most important in terms of volume. On the other hand, lower sales were reported by postal and courier activities (by 4.3%) and water transport (by 10.2%);
- sales in accommodation and food service activities increased by 105.9%. The increase was mainly influenced by the development in food and beverage service activities (growth by 88.5%), which is more important in terms of volume, although sales for accommodation increased by 206.8%;
- sales in information and communication increased by 3.7%. A double digit growth was recorded by music and motion picture activities, namely by 72.1%. Sales also increased in the following: computer programming, consultancy and related activities (by 5.9%) and publishing activities (by 1.7%). On the other hand, a sales decrease was recorded by telecommunications (by 0.2%) and information service activities (by 1.8%), which include data processing, hosting and related activities; web portals. Lower sales were also reported by programming and broadcasting activities (by 5.5%);
- sales in real estate activities increased by 3.0%, y-o-y;
- in professional, scientific and technical activities2) sales increased by 11.4%. The highest sales growth was reported for the following: architectural and engineering activities; technical testing and analysis (by 26.0%), legal and accounting activities (by 8.9%), activities of head offices; management consultancy activities by 7.3%. Sales also increased for other professional, scientific and technical activities by 5.8% and for advertising and market research by 1.7%;
- in administrative and support service activities, sales increased by 15.5%. Travel agency, tour operator and other reservation service and related activities reported the highest sales increase (by 198.7%), namely thanks to anti-covid measures in 2021. Sales in office administrative, office support and other business support activities increased by 12.4%, rental and leasing activities by 8.8%, security and investigation activities by 7.5%, and services to buildings and landscape activities by 7.4%. On the other hand, a y-o-y decrease of sales was recorded by employment activities (by 9.9%).
All data in the text of the News Release are presented at constant prices. The year-on-year development is published after having been adjusted for working days. Quarter-on-quarter rates are also seasonally adjusted.
Enterprises are classified to the economic activity according to their principal (prevailing) activity, which is such an activity, from which the enterprise gets the highest value added.
Data for the Q1 2022 are preliminary; final data for individual quarters of 2022 will be released in March 2023.
1) For the purpose of the News Release, services include the following CZ-NACE sections: Transportation and storage (H), Accommodation and food service activities (I), Information and communication (J), Real estate activities (L), Professional, scientific and technical activities – excluding Scientific research and development and Veterinary activities (M excluding 72 and 75), Administrative and support service activities (N).
2) For the purpose of the News Release, section M – Professional, scientific and technical activities does not include CZ-NACE 72 – Scientific research and development and CZ-NACE 75 – Veterinary activities.
Responsible head at the CZSO: Marie Boušková, Director of the Trade, Transport, Services, Tourism, and Environmental Statistics Department, phone number: (+420) 274 052 935 or (+420) 732 349 448, e-mail: email@example.com
Contact person: Jana Gotvaldová, Head of the Trade, Transport, and Services Statistics Unit, phone number: (+420) 274 052 691 or (+420) 735 130 284, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Method of data acquisition: direct survey of the CZSO (SP 1-12)
End of data collection: 28 April 2022
End of data processing: 3 May 2022
Related outputs: Base indices since 2000 and y-o-y indices since 2001 are available in time series (except for the section J, which is available since 2005 and 2006, respectively).
Next News Release will be published on: 9 August 2022
- year 2022 | 1. quarter of 2022
- year 2021 | 4. quarter of 2021 | 3. quarter of 2021 | 2. quarter of 2021 | 1. quarter of 2021
- year 2020 | 4th quarter of 2020 | 3rd quarter of 2020 | 2nd quarter of 2020 | 1st quarter of 2020
- year 2019 | 4th quarter of 2019 | 3rd quarter of 2019 | 2nd quarter of 2019 | 1st quarter of 2019
- year 2018 | 4. quarter of 2018 | 3. quarter of 2018 | 2. quarter of 2018 | 1. quarter of 2018
- year 2017 | 4th quarter of 2017 | 3rd quarter of 2017 | 2nd quarter of 2017 | 1st quarter of 2017
- year 2016 | 4. quarter of 2016 | 3. quarter of 2016 | 2. quarter of 2016 | 1. quarter of 2016
- year 2015 | 4. quarter of 2015 | 3. quarter of 2015 | 2. quarter of 2015 | 1. quarter of 2015
- year 2014 | 4 quarter 2014 | 3 quarter 2014 | 2 quarter 2014 | 1 quarter 2014
- year 2013 | 4th quarter of 2013 | 3rd quarter of 2013 | 2nd quarter of 2013 | 1st quarter of 2013
- year 2012 | 4th quarter of 2012 | 3rd quarter of 2012 | 2nd quarter of 2012 | 1st quarter of 2012
- year 2011 | 4th quarter of 2011 | 3rd quarter of 2011 | 2nd quarter of 2011 | 1st quarter of 2011
- year 2010 | 4th quarter of 2010 | 3rd quarter of 2010 | 2nd quarter of 2010 | 1st quarter of 2010
The data are valid as of the release date of the publication.