GDP Preliminary Estimate - 4th Quarter of 2018
GDP 3.0% up in 2018
The Czech economy was successful also in 2018. The gross domestic product (GDP) adjusted for price effects and seasonally adjusted increased in 2018, according to a preliminary estimate, by 3.0%. Domestic demand contributed significantly to its growth, especially the gross fixed capital formation and final consumption expenditure of households. The following contributed the most significantly to the growth of the gross value added (GVA): economic activities of industry and economic activities of trade, transportation and storage, accommodation and food service activities. The GVA highly increased also in construction and in information and communication.
Performance of the Czech economy was increasing in the end of the year with a higher growth rate than in the previous quarter. In the quarter-on-quarter comparison, the GDP growth rate was the highest for the last six quarters. In the Q4 2018, the GDP increased by 1.0% compared to the Q3 and by 2.9%, year-on-year (y-o-y). The GDP growth in the Q4 was driven mainly by external demand. Also domestic demand for investment goods contributed significantly to the growth.
Employment increased by 1.6% in 2018. In the Q4 2018, employment was 0.4% up compared to the previous quarter; it increased by 1.5%, y-o-y.
Responsible head at the CZSO: Vladimír Kermiet, Director of the National Accounts Department, phone number: (+420) 274 054 247, e-mail: email@example.com
Contact person: Jan Benedikt, Head of the Quarterly Estimates Unit, phone number: (+420) 274 052 750, e‑mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Used data sources updated as at: 11 February 2019
Related CZSO web page: https://www.czso.cz/csu/czso/quarterly-national-accounts-gdp-resources-and-uses-and-gdp-preliminary-estimate
Next News Release will be published on: 1 March 2019 (GDP resources and uses for the Q4 2018)
 All data presented in this News Release are adjusted for price, seasonal, and calendar effects.
 Employment in terms of national accounts.
- year 2019 | 3rd quarter of 2019 | 2nd quarter of 2019 | 1st quarter of 2019
- year 2018 | 4th Quarter of 2018 | 3rd Quarter of 2018 | 2nd Quarter of 2018 | 1st Quarter of 2018
- year 2017 | 4th quarter of 2017 | 3rd quarter of 2017 | 2nd quarter of 2017 | 1st quarter of 2017
- year 2016 | 4. quarter of 2016 | 3. quarter of 2016 | 2. quarter of 2016 | 1. quarter of 2016
- year 2015 | 4th quarter of 2015 | 3rd quarter of 2015 | 2nd quarter of 2015 | 1st quarter of 2015
- year 2014 | 4 quarter 2014 | 3 quarter 2014 | 2 quarter 2014 | 1 quarter 2014
- year 2013 | 4th quarter of 2013 | 3rd quarter of 2013 | 2nd quarter of 2013 | 1st quarter of 2013
- year 2012 | 4th quarter of 2012 | 3rd quarter of 2012 | 2nd quarter of 2012 | 1st quarter of 2012
- year 2011 | 4th quarter of 2011 | 3rd quarter of 2011 | 2nd quarter of 2011 | 1st quarter of 2011
- year 2010 | 4th quarter of 2010 | 3rd quarter of 2010 | 2nd quarter of 2010 | 1st quarter of 2010
The data are valid as of the release date of the publication.
Contact: Information Services Unit - Headquarters
Are you interested in latest data connected with inflation, GDP, population, wages in industry and much more?
You can find them on pages of the Czech Statistical Office on the Internet: www.czso.cz
tel: +420 274 052 304, +420 274 052 451, e-mail: email@example.com