GDP preliminary estimate - 4. quarter of 2016
Czech economy 2.3% up in 2016
After an exceptionally successful year 2015, the Czech economy performance grew also in 2016. According to the preliminary estimate, the gross domestic product (GDP) adjusted for price effects and seasonally adjusted increased for the entire year 2016 by 2.3%. The GDP growth was contributed to especially by consumption of households and external trade. Increasing domestic and external demand was favourable for most of the industries of the national economy, especially for manufacturing. With the exception of construction the performance of which was markedly lower than in 2015.
The economy by the end of the year grew similarly as in the Q3 2016. In the Q4 2016, the gross domestic product increased by 0.2%, q-o-q, and by 1.7%, y-o-y. The GDP growth was supported mainly by manufacturing. On the expenditure side, the trend of previous quarters continued: the GDP growth was contributed to by both the steadily growing consumption of households as well as external demand.
In 2016, the labour market was positively influenced by continuing economic growth. Employment was by 1.8% higher than in 2015. In the Q4 2016, the employment increased by 2.1%, y-o-y; in the quarter-on-quarter comparison it was by 0.6% up.
Responsible head at the CZSO: Vladimír Kermiet, Director of the National Accounts Department, phone number: (+420) 274 054 247, e-mail: email@example.com
Contact person: Tereza Košťáková, Head of the Quarterly Estimates Unit, phone number: (+420) 274 052 750, e‑mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Used data sources updated as at: 9 February 2017
Related CZSO web page: https://www.czso.cz/csu/czso/quarterly-national-accounts-gdp-resources-and-uses-and-gdp-preliminary-estimate
Next News Release will be published on: 3 March 2017
(GDP resources and uses for the Q4 2016)
 All data presented in this News Release are adjusted for price, seasonal, and calendar effects.
 Employment in terms of national accounts.
- year 2019 | 1st quarter of 2019
- year 2018 | 4th Quarter of 2018 | 3rd Quarter of 2018 | 2nd Quarter of 2018 | 1st Quarter of 2018
- year 2017 | 4th quarter of 2017 | 3rd quarter of 2017 | 2nd quarter of 2017 | 1st quarter of 2017
- year 2016 | 4. quarter of 2016 | 3. quarter of 2016 | 2. quarter of 2016 | 1. quarter of 2016
- year 2015 | 4th quarter of 2015 | 3rd quarter of 2015 | 2nd quarter of 2015 | 1st quarter of 2015
- year 2014 | 4 quarter 2014 | 3 quarter 2014 | 2 quarter 2014 | 1 quarter 2014
- year 2013 | 4th quarter of 2013 | 3rd quarter of 2013 | 2nd quarter of 2013 | 1st quarter of 2013
- year 2012 | 4th quarter of 2012 | 3rd quarter of 2012 | 2nd quarter of 2012 | 1st quarter of 2012
- year 2011 | 4th quarter of 2011 | 3rd quarter of 2011 | 2nd quarter of 2011 | 1st quarter of 2011
- year 2010 | 4th quarter of 2010 | 3rd quarter of 2010 | 2nd quarter of 2010 | 1st quarter of 2010
The data are valid as of the release date of the publication.
Contact: Information Services Unit - Headquarters
Are you interested in latest data connected with inflation, GDP, population, wages in industry and much more?
You can find them on pages of the Czech Statistical Office on the Internet: www.czso.cz
tel: +420 274 052 304, +420 274 052 451, e-mail: email@example.com