GDP preliminary estimate - 3rd quarter of 2017
Czech economy growth continued
According to the preliminary estimate, the gross domestic product was 0.5% up in the Q3 2017, quarter-on-quarter, and 5.0% up, year-on-year.
The gross domestic product (GDP) of the Czech economy continued to grow, quarter‑on‑quarter (q-o-q). The GDP adjusted for price effects and seasonally adjusted1 was in the Q3 2017, according to a preliminary estimate, by 0.5% higher compared to the previous quarter and compared to the corresponding quarter of the previous year (y‑o‑y) it increased by 5.0%.
According to the preliminary estimate, the y-o-y growth was contributed to equally by all main expenditure components of the GDP. Domestic demand grew owing to steadily increasing consumption of households and continuing growth of investment expenditure. Most of economic activities of the national economy were successful, especially industry, but also economic activities of services.
On the labour market, the employment continued to grow. In the Q3 2017, employment2 was by 0.8% higher, q-o-q, and compared to the corresponding quarter of the previous year it increased by 2.0%.
Responsible head at the CZSO: Vladimír Kermiet, Director of the National Accounts Department, phone number: (+420) 274 054 247,
Contact person: Tereza Košťáková, Head of the Quarterly Estimates Unit, phone number: (+420) 274 052 750,
Used data sources updated as at: 9 November 2017
Related CZSO web page: https://www.czso.cz/csu/czso/quarterly-national-accounts-gdp-resources-and-uses-and-gdp-preliminary-estimate
Next News Release will be published on: 1 December 2017
(GDP resources and uses for the Q3 2017)
- year 2017 | 3rd quarter of 2017 | 2nd quarter of 2017 | 1st quarter of 2017
- year 2016 | 4. quarter of 2016 | 3. quarter of 2016 | 2. quarter of 2016 | 1. quarter of 2016
- year 2015 | 4th quarter of 2015 | 3rd quarter of 2015 | 2nd quarter of 2015 | 1st quarter of 2015
- year 2014 | 4 quarter 2014 | 3 quarter 2014 | 2 quarter 2014 | 1 quarter 2014
- year 2013 | 4th quarter of 2013 | 3rd quarter of 2013 | 2nd quarter of 2013 | 1st quarter of 2013
- year 2012 | 4th quarter of 2012 | 3rd quarter of 2012 | 2nd quarter of 2012 | 1st quarter of 2012
- year 2011 | 4th quarter of 2011 | 3rd quarter of 2011 | 2nd quarter of 2011 | 1st quarter of 2011
- year 2010 | 4th quarter of 2010 | 3rd quarter of 2010 | 2nd quarter of 2010 | 1st quarter of 2010
The data are valid as of the release date of the publication.
Contact: Information Services Unit - Headquarters
Are you interested in latest data connected with inflation, GDP, population, wages in industry and much more?
You can find them on pages of the Czech Statistical Office on the Internet: www.czso.cz
tel: +420 274 052 304, +420 274 052 451, e-mail: email@example.com